Mather LifeWays is a unique organization
with staying power. Why?
Because we offer three areas of service—award-winning senior living residences; neighborhood programs; and esteemed research and education resources through our Institute on Aging—all dedicated to one mission: enhancing the lives of older adults by creating Ways to Age WellSM.
And it’s the sum of our parts—our three areas of service—that showcase the depth and strength of our organization.
We seek to enhance our impact on older adults’ lives and those who serve them; elevate our significance by expanding our reach and building recognition throughout Chicago and beyond as an industry leader; and achieve sustainability by implementing mission-driven activities, while maintaining a sound fiscal foundation, so future generations of older adults will be served.
Simply, our unwavering commitment to serving older adults is made possible by our sound financial position. Our investments and strong endowment exemplify our stable financial footing as we move confidently into the future.
By the numbers in 2011:
- Our endowment funded $14 million to enhance the lives of older adults
- Our total assets were $547 million with net assets of nearly $340 million
- We provided more than $5 million in financial assistance to residents
- We are financially contributing to the City of Evanston, our home-base, in many important ways:
- Ranking as one of the city’s top taxpayers, even as a not-for-profit
- Gifting $30 million in senior living financial assistance to local residents through Alonzo’s Wish (within the first 10 years of its initiation)
- Providing an annual contribution of $125,000 to the Mayor’s Affordable Housing Fund
- As a top 10 Evanston employer, we employ 600+ people and we are expanding
- Overall, our financial strength has enabled us to continue our most important work—helping fulfill Alonzo Mather’s legacy of creating innovative Ways to Age Well for older adults
Contact us at (847) 492.7500 or click here to
get more information about Mather LifeWays.