Mather LifeWays strives to maintain a stable, healthy workforce that is empowered and deeply committed to its mission: enhancing the lives of older adults by creating Ways to Age WellSM.
We sustain our dynamic culture with a strong emphasis on wellness including work-life balance and professional development. Through “Eliminating My Impossibilities” (EMI), Mather LifeWays has designed a philosophical and operational approach to support both residents and employees in discovering their own dreams and passions, and eliminating barriers to happiness and fulfillment.
“We will become a place not just of independence, but of freedom. All who visit, live, and work here will be free to be confident, creative, and curious. Free to be surprising, strong, and secure. And free to be reinvented, renewed, and restored.”
-Eliminating My Impossibilities, Mather LifeWays declaration
Mather LifeWays employees are as passionate about their chosen field as they are about creating Ways to Age Well. With one of the strongest employee retention rates in the industry, both our organization and our employees are dedicated to creating a healthy, fun, and fulfilling work environment. One that they can be proud of. The video below illustrates their sense of fun in celebrating the 10th anniversary of our CEO, Mary Leary.
Healthy and happy employees
Mather LifeWays is an award-winning employer that offers a number of appealing, employee-centered incentives.
- 401(k) program with strong match
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program supporting life-work balance
- Medical benefits
- Tuition reimbursment promoting lifelong learning
- Mather LifeWays also fosters a healthy environment and healthy living habits by offering Employee Wellness Programs including:
- FREE comprehensive health assessment (annual)
- FREE Wellness Fair offering helpful health and wellness resources
- FREE wellness coaches for employees & their family members
- Health club discounts
- Wellness programs & incentives
- 10,000 Steps Walking Program
Learning…to Age Well
Through the Learning to Age Well program, employees can be reimbursed up to $120 per year for completion of classes such as music lessons, yoga, foreign language classes, or health club membership.
At Mather LifeWays, we believe that having fun is essential to productivity! Our Fun Squad promotes enthusiasm and pride. Past examples of fun events include chili cook-offs, sporting event outings, concerts and picnics, pumpkin decorating contests, and more.